Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kidpix - for a slideshow or moving picture


I had learned about another cool software tool - Kidpix on Mac a few weeks agon.  It  is a multimedia program for students  There are several parts of KidPix:  KidPix (graphics), Moopies (moving pictures), Stampimator (animated stamps), and Slide Show.

I used the tool to create a slide show of for a Ancient Quest Myth - Perseus.  You can add music and voice to narrate  a slide show.  This exercise give me an activity idea for future read aloud in the elementary class.  Ask student to retell the read aloud story using Kidpix.  I think students will enjoy drawing as a variation from writing or retell a story.

I recently did a lesson on Ancient Rome in my student teaching.  One of the short topic was about the Origin of Rome and how the city was founded by the twin boys named Romulus and Remus many years ago.  The lesson activity was to write a myth about the origin of their own city.  I think instead of writing, have students use Kikpix to create a story using slideshow or other parts of Kidpix.  I thinks children will love drawing and will be excited about create a slide show and even a moving pictures.  Especially when my lesson was after the New York high-stake exam that they had been studying and drilling for the prior months.

Another great idea is to have students using Kidpix to draw maps when they are studyig geography of each new country in their social studies class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment